Author Topic: Two Reviews: Movie and Book  (Read 396 times)

NagoyaSea

Two Reviews: Movie and Book
« on: January 13, 2007, 06:45:15 AM »
Reviews:

The Celestine Prophecy  

For anyone who hasn’t seen it yet, I recommend that you rent the video “The Celestine Prophecy”.  I saw it last week with my son and then again with my daughter.  It is an insight into one man’s spiritual awakening (opening) and so much more. I just really enjoyed it. My daughter has the book from one of her college classes and I’m looking forward to reading it.  The author is James Redfield. I rarely buy videos or DVDs but this one, I may have to buy.

If anyone is interested, do a google search on ‘the Celestine prophecy’ and you can find the nine insights.  If it piques your interest, read the book or watch the film.

The Secrets of Wilder, by Yogani

I just finished this. If you haven’t read this yet, I believe you should. If any of your practices are lagging in any way you should read this. If you want a glimpse into what beauty, grace and peace this life can offer, you should read it. If you want a glimpse into the actual reality of our underlying existence, you should read it. If you wish to increase your desire to become closer to God, to all that is, to the one, you should read this.

With that said, I found the first few chapters of the book rougher that the rest and if you do too, bear with it.  Some of the dialog and action seemed a little stiff or less than natural just in the first couple or so chapters. The writing improves as the book continues and you will be drawn into John Wilder’s quest. I couldn’t wait to come home after work and snuggle up on my sofa and read more.  

There were three passages of the book that moved me to tears. I won’t describe them here because some of you may not have read the book yet.  I will say that the book strengthened my desire to be closer to all that is, it strengthened my desire to do my practices and was an inspiring glimpse into the journey others on this path are taking.

Well done Yogani and thank you for your writings and sharing / building this open system. Thank you for compiling the knowledge you've gained into a form that so many others can understand. We understand how much work you've undertaken to accomplish this and we are grateful...

Light, Life and Love,
Kathy