Author Topic: Yogani's new book Spinal Breathing  (Read 558 times)

weaver

Yogani's new book Spinal Breathing
« on: April 20, 2006, 09:10:24 AM »
If you haven't got Yogani's new book "Spinal Breathing Pranayama" yet I very much recommend that you do. It's very interesting and covers many more details than the online lessons do. To get a picture of what the contents are I post them below.

Table of Contents

Chapter 1 - Breath and the Life Force  1

Chapter 2 - Spinal Breathing Pranayama  9
How to do Spinal Breathing  10
When and Where to do Spinal Breathing  12
Initial Questions on Practice  14
Enhancing the Effectiveness of Spinal Breathing  20
The Possibilities  32

Chapter 3 - Journey to Inner Space  37
Managing Our Purification and Opening  38
Energy Experiences and Visions  64
The Evolution of Ecstatic Conductivity  88

Chapter 4 - The Cosmic You  95
The Marriage of Opposites  96
Ecstatic Bliss  98
The Infinite Self and Divine Love  100
Further Reading and Support  105

What I personally think about the book is pretty much covered by this review I left at Amazon.com, and I encourage others to write reviews as well because they help sales and the ranking of the book:

"Yogani's most recent book "Spinal Breathing Pranayama" is a comprehensive guide to an ancient yoga technique of breath cultivation that is very easy to learn. If applied only a few minutes every day it can lead to amazing refinements of the nervous system, like perpetual joy and ecstasy, and eventually to enlightenment. Having practiced it myself for over a year I can certainly vouch for its efficiency.

While the size of the book is small, only 112 pages, it describes in much detail all the processes that happen within us as we apply pranayama, what happens during the spiritual transformation into enlightenment, as well as any experiences that may come up along the way, and how to deal with them. It covers how to integrate the practice into anyone's busy schedule and also how to combine it with meditation, which is the topic of Yogani's previous book. It is written in the easy-to-read language that the author is known for.

I would strongly recommend it for anybody on the path of self-realisation, as well as for anybody interested in improving their life in general, since both our own life and those around us will be affected by the state of our nervous system, feeling world and mind."