Author Topic: Unsure and looking for guidance  (Read 142 times)

AYPadmin

Unsure and looking for guidance
« on: July 30, 2019, 11:21:50 AM »
twitwi
USA
1 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2016 :  5:59:07 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Message  Delete Topic
Hi. I'm very new to, well, basically everything that is being discussed here. I was doing research on decalcifying my pituitary gland and came across the technique for the Khechari Mudra. This intrigued me because I was born without the flap of skin under my tongue so actually performing this technique is very simple for me. My question is one of curiosity and guidance. Everything I've read says that this is an advanced technique and I'd like to fully respect and understand what appears to come naturally to me. I'd also like to make sure that I don't dive too deep too fast and potentially harm myself or hinder my path. Any advise is much appreciated. Thanks.
Christi
United Kingdom
3545 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2016 :  6:18:55 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Christi's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hi Twitwi,

Welcome to the forum.

The best thing you can do is to read through the lessons from the beginning (lesson 10), taking on the practices as you go. The lessons will guide you as to when to move on to the next practice and how to pace yourself appropriately.

By the time you get to lesson 108, on kechari, you will already have an advanced yogic practice under your belt and have a good idea about kundalini, prana and so on and about what advanced practices involve. Taking on kechari is another step on the path and one which becomes more meaningful with awakened kundalini and with a well established meditation practice. Even then it should be taken on gradually, taking small steps at first as it is a powerful technique, bringing prana up into the higher centres.

Christi
Go to Top of Page
jusmail
India
467 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2016 :  8:32:11 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Welcome to the forum. You have received excellent advice. Now off you go wandering in this beautiful garden.
Go to Top of Page
BlueRaincoat
United Kingdom
1491 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2016 :  05:52:08 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Welcome to AYP Twitwi!

The complete lessons are available on the AYP Plus website, here http://www.aypsite.com/plus.html
or as books - have a look at this page: http://www.aypsite.com/books.html

All the best
Go to Top of Page
sunyata
USA
1395 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2016 :  08:57:34 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Welcome to the forum, Twitwi. Enjoy!
Go to Top of Page
Ecdyonurus
Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2016 :  09:54:51 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Welcome!
Go to Top of Page
Charliedog
1556 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2016 :  10:18:38 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Another welcome! Enjoy AYP twitwi 
Go to Top of Page
Prem
Canada
90 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2016 :  1:25:59 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Prem's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Great advice from Christi   [/\]
Welcome!