Author Topic: Kechari in asana  (Read 2356 times)

Anthem

• http://www.inspirationalworks.net
Kechari in asana
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2005, 02:13:20 AM »
The only challenge for me with this line of thinking is that as these mudras come up naturally during meditation, initially they are noticed. It is at this point when we consciously go back to the mantra that a decision is made to allow it to occur, which to me is initially distracting (especially with kechari), or to relax the muscles/ energy involved in the mudra so that it stops occurring or dissipates.

I know with breath suspensions that I hardly notice when they occur these days, should it be like that with kechari, because I find this one hard not to notice?

yogani

• AYP Plus
Kechari in asana
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2005, 02:48:47 AM »
quote:
I know with breath suspensions that I hardly notice when they occur these days, should it be like that with kechari, because I find this one hard not to notice?

Yes, it will be like that. And we can notice, like anything else that comes up in meditation. Then we ease back to the mantra when we realize it.

We can leave kechari there, or let it subside if need be, like shifting our legs in meditation for comfort. Whatever gives us the clearest attention for the simple process of meditation. Eventually kechari, siddhasana, sambhavi, even mulabandha/asvini will be sneaking into our meditation if we have been developing them elsewhere. We don't let them take over our meditation, any more than we would deliberately sit in an uncomfortable or distracting environment that does not favor easy meditation, though the process of meditation can deal with that, if necessary.

In time, all those yogic elements will naturally be in our meditation to some degree with no effort or distraction. The upshot is that ecstasy via these other methods becomes a regular part of our experience of inner silence in meditation. It is the marriage of shiva (silence) and shakti (ecstasy).  It is a fine line getting from here to there.

Btw, sorry to be off topic here, Victor. Your sharing on kechari in asana is both illuminating and appreciated. That is yet another example of practices migrating naturally through the limbs of yoga, demonstrating again the interconnectedness of yoga. It is one tree (one nervous system), after all... [:)]

The guru is in you.

Anthem

• http://www.inspirationalworks.net
Kechari in asana
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2005, 02:57:15 PM »
Sorry getting off of topic was likely my fault.

I really appreciate everyone's feedback as I realize that I had inadvertantly been repressing the natural rise of kechari during meditation. I tend to follow direction quite literally sometimes and I must have taken the lessons too much to mean that these mudras were not present in meditation but just in pranayama.

This has provided me with an excellent clarification for which I am grateful.

thanks,

Anthem11

yogani

• AYP Plus
Kechari in asana
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2005, 03:08:07 PM »
Hi Andrew:

Kechari in asana. Kechari in meditation. Not such different things. Same tendency -- different practice. [^]  

Glad it got around to the clarification you were seeking.

As Victor pointed out, the main obstruction can be our reluctance to do what we are being called to from within due to something someone said, our tradition, or whatever. Clearly our nervous system under the stimulation of yoga has its own evolutionary dynamic -- human spiritual transformation -- and we can seldom go wrong following that, as long as we heed the principles of self-pacing. That is the key, isn't it?

The guru is in you.

Jim and His Karma

Kechari in asana
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2005, 05:11:24 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Victor

I hope I haven't irritated you too much Jim, I was just trying to keep on topic and not get into other directions where perhaps I am not so well versed.

Not at all! I always enjoy your postings!