Author Topic: Being Comfortable with siddhasana?  (Read 204 times)

AYPadmin

Being Comfortable with siddhasana?
« on: July 25, 2019, 07:53:36 AM »
nacho3036
Chile
6 Posts

Posted - May 03 2015 :  4:25:32 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Message  Delete Topic
I've started 1 1/2 month ago with this yoga practices. I find very comfortable doing the spinal breathing with Mulabandha and Sambhavi Mudra for 10 minutes, and Deep Meditation for 20 minutes.

I Could go for a lot more and with more repetitions a day, but im doing it twice a day how Yogani recomends. Because of this I decided to take on siddhasana.

The strange thing is that i got used to it almost inmedeatly. Well the first 3 days it was hard to maintain the posture but now i found it really eassy. I really like the ectasy of the position, sometime I'm doing something else but I want to sit down and meditate with that possition, it feels really goos and it has improved my sitting practices. But it was all too easy. Am I doing it wrong then? Why is it that its been easy to feel comfortable and Yogani said it would take me months?
Dogboy
USA
1586 Posts

Posted - May 03 2015 :  8:09:03 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hello Nacho

We are all different; while siddhasana may easy for you, it can prove quite difficult for others. It was hard for me to reign in my Bhakti in the beginning as nothing much seemed to be happening. Just because it is easy now, make sure it becomes well established in your practice before taking on more practices. Sometimes effects of new practices can be delayed and you want stability for the long run.

Welcome to the forum and keep up the good work!