Author Topic: Floatation tanks  (Read 2501 times)

technoyogi

• https://www.facebook.com/technoenlightenment
Floatation tanks
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2015, 05:43:41 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

I know this is a really old topic, but I'm thinking about trying an hour or two in a floatation tank.  I talked with a cousin this weekend who knows a therapist in Calgary who owns and operates a tank, has very reasonable rates and comes highly recommended by my cousin.  I know it is no replacement for daily meditation, and I am not hoping for that, but I think it would be really cool to have no major external stimulus (even just one time) while meditating.  Here is a link to her (I think it's a she) site in case anyone from central Alberta reads this and is interested in a place to try this.  I thought I would have to go to some specialized University and pay a fortune if I ever wanted to do this properly.  I'm excited to try and will let you all know if I turn into a raging primal beast[:o)]...

Did you ever wind up trying flotation tanks CarsonZi?

I have done it a few times but for me I tend to need at least 2 hours to start getting to the good stuff, and it isnt cheap.  They have float houses in Van and Kits now...

Seems like a great way to quickly get to pratyahara, so it is a decent compliment to yoga if obviously not a substitute.  If it were cheaper I would go more often :-)