Author Topic: Strength  (Read 195 times)

AYPadmin

Strength
« on: May 06, 2019, 11:33:49 AM »
joseph
117 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2015 :  6:31:26 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Message  Delete Topic
Great how each guru has his/her particular strength.

Some gurus and their strengths as they appear to me:

J. Krishnamurti - exposing cunning thought patterns and subtle vasanas

Eckhart Tolle - surrendering to undesirable situations/forgiving

Yogani - techniques for purifying the nervous system

Nisargadatta Maharaj - destroying identification with the body

These things have been a blessing for me and I think that all together they're far more effective than would one be on their own :)

Feel free to add a guru (or several) to the list.
Charliedog
1532 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2015 :  03:02:27 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Agree with you Joseph, all together they were effective for me too.

For me Osho was also very important, I have a few books of him and there is so much love in his words. His books radiate love for me

IMO he is the opposite of Nisargadatta and still they give the same message.

The same message with different words heard and interpreted by different minds....

Go to Top of Page
joseph
117 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2015 :  2:56:35 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hey Charliedog, I've never read any Osho, but Nisargadatta is fairly... unorthodox. I heard it wasn't infrequent that he'd get angry and shout at a disciple. But in a loving, compassionate way, of course.

I wouldn't change that about him though.
Go to Top of Page
jusmail
India
455 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2015 :  11:04:58 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Wayne Dyer, Deepak Chopra, and Tolle have helped me tremendously.