Author Topic: Amaroli while taking vitamins/supplements?  (Read 511 times)

rkishan

Amaroli while taking vitamins/supplements?
« on: February 06, 2010, 03:55:08 PM »
Another question on amaroli.  My doctor told me after my recent physical and blood work, that I am deficient on B6, zinc and vitamin D.  So, he prescribed some heavy dose of Vitamin D, B6 and zinc.  I take the B6 in the morning and zinc and vitamin D supplement at night.  I have read Yogani's book on Diet, Shatkarmas and Amaroli.  I agree with Yogani's statement, "If we cultivate good dietary habits, there will be no need for supplemental vitamins and minerals."  But, unfortunately due to the result of bad dietary habits and unbalanced living for many many years, I have ended up with some health issues.  I feel that the temporary use of these supplements in the short run will be helpful to my health.  So, I started taking these supplements for now following the doctor's advice.

I wanted to know how this will impact my amaroli practice.   I have read somewhere that excess vitamins or supplements are passed on the urine.  Since I am taking high doses of these vitamins and do my amaroli practice in the morning, will this result in overdose of vitamins?  I know that some of the things like zinc and B6 are toxic at high levels.  Should I discontinue amaroli, when I take these supplements?

Ram.