Author Topic: Being Selfish and Giving  (Read 1063 times)

YogaIsLife

Being Selfish and Giving
« on: January 16, 2009, 09:18:37 AM »
Hi,

Today I am being OSHOised [:)]

I saw one other video of Osho I found very clever in his observations:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8LfUvi1bof8&feature=related

It is about being selfish and giving. I find what he says to be true and it is in line with what we have been discussing in AYP. When you find the tresures within yourself, you will want to give, and the more you give, the more the tresure grows within yourself. But first - here is somethign we often forget - we have to be selfish. We have to love ourselves, believe we have many many tresures buried inside ourselves and wanting to find them, to be marvelled, enriched and then to give them away. I find this beautiful and very true, it makes me even more want to love myself and immerse myself in practices to find this buried tresure within myself [:)]

May you all be very selfish and love yourselves and find the marvelous treasures within you! I believe that's where the revolution starts. I have so much road to travel...

porcupine

• http://www.xanga.com/stellawasadiverandshewasdown
Being Selfish and Giving
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 04:16:05 PM »
yes! people forget easily that there is no one but them, the more I live according to this kind of logic, the more I give to others what they truly need and the more joyous I feel about it, because I'm joyful about giving it when other people are actually there, and when they are not, its even easier.

YogaIsLife

Being Selfish and Giving
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 09:02:14 PM »
[:)]

Thanks for the input porcupine. I was just wondering what you meant exactly by this:

quote:
I'm joyful about giving it when other people are actually there, and when they are not, its even easier.

Why is it easier when people are not there? It is easier to feel the love? It is harder to feel our insides when in the company of others maybe? Maybe the opposite can also be argued for some people - there is no purpose to life if not is relationship to others...

mikkiji

• http://mikkiji.wordpress.com/
Being Selfish and Giving
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 04:55:29 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by YogaIsLife
Why is it easier when people are not there? It is easier to feel the love? It is harder to feel our insides when in the company of others maybe? Maybe the opposite can also be argued for some people - there is no purpose to life if not is relationship to others...

This can be very true--for some of us whose path this is, God is only found in our relationships with others.  In my experiences, I think this is because of the following:
True devotional yoga (Bhakti) always involves the setting aside of the ego and the denial of this small self, this erroneously identified aspect of self as "Self".  So, the main obstacle to samadhi, which is identification with ego, is already accomplished.
True devotional relationships also seek (although not many actually accomplish) Union with the beloved.  Union, or "Yoga", is the vehicle for samadhi--once we have set aside ego and achieved Union with another soul, then there is God!
Michael

YogaIsLife

Being Selfish and Giving
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 12:15:08 PM »
Thank you Michael, that was truly beautiful.

I feel true Joy when I am able to give Joy to others, even if just a little. This is not done by my volition or effort, but when Joy bubbles inside of me from just being truly happy to see or share a moment with those people [:)] It's in the sharing that Joy resides, maybe it recognizes itself everywhere, I don't know. Be it with people, birds or trees.