Author Topic: Bakthi clarification  (Read 658 times)

atmanand

Bakthi clarification
« on: July 15, 2008, 08:14:41 PM »
Namasthe

I need some clarifications regarding Bakthi.
I am worshiping my "Ishta Devatha" from my childhood.
Somewhere I read about thinking of "Ishta Devatha" in middle of the chest area .
Recently I have started doing so and I feel some pain around my chest (mostly emotional).
While praying I am worried for no reason and sometimes I could feel the fear for no reason at all .Sometimes this happens when I am involved with my regular activities too.

I am practicing AYP meditation and pranayama for past two years. Before cultivating this form of Bhakthi I didn't have any such emotions during my regular prayer.

I just don't understand this process. How could placing the "Ishta Devatha" in certain areas of body bring so much difference ?
Can I continue with this form of worship ?
Hope to get some help from you.

Thanks.
- Mani

yogani

• AYP Plus
Bakthi clarification
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 01:34:52 AM »
Hi Mani:

It is good progress, with more purification going on. The discomfort should pass (if it does not, it will be good to check with a doctor). Be sure to self-pace your practices (and bhakti) for progress with comfort.

You may also be interested in this lesson on "heart breathing," which can be used with ishta (our chosen ideal): http://www.aypsite.com/plus/220.html
(see the following two lessons also on "heart space")  

But not to overdo. One step at a time. [:)]

The guru is in you.

atmanand

Bakthi clarification
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 04:55:07 PM »
Hi Yogani

Namasthe

Thank you very much for your reply.
I was not ready to see anything other than "spiritual progress" in the replies. '[:D]'

As soon as I started AYP meditation I relaxed my Bhakthi. I think of my Ishta less than 2 minutes every day. I have not yet started redirecting emotions towards Ishta as mentioned in the Lesson on Bhakthi (http://www.aypsite.com/plus/67.html). So I think I am not overdoing.

Thanks for your suggestions on "heart breathing".I wished to have a stabilized Bhakthi in place before starting it and I think  I am not yet ready for it.

Last year I had slightly lower BP level but when I checked last time(2 months back) it was normal. Could it be a reason for my emotional imbalance ?

Thanks
-Mani

atmanand

Bakthi clarification
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 08:59:27 PM »
Hi Yogani

Namasthe

Just for your information.
I consulted a physician and undergone a health checkup.
My BP,ECG, cholestrol and sugar level are normal.
No infections are found.

Atleast once in a week I have the emotional imbalance but nowadays not so severe.(I think I am getting used to it :) )

Thanks.
-Mani