Author Topic: Jaw/Mouth question  (Read 655 times)

AYPadmin

Jaw/Mouth question
« on: April 17, 2020, 08:45:51 AM »
docshibby
USA
10 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2020 :  12:10:12 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Message  Delete Topic
Hello all-

I have question about my mouth and jaw during practice. I have been practicing ayp for a couple years and it has been going well. I realized recently that while I close my lips during my practice, my jaw is open and my teeth are apart. I have gently been trying to close it during practice, but this is causing a little bit of pressure and discomfort. I can feel a change in the flow. Should I continue to practice with my jaw gently closed or should I relax as deeply as possible and allow the jaw to be slack. I suspect my jaw opens by habit because of growing up breathing through my mouth.

Thanks for the advice.

Dogboy
USA
1711 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2020 :  5:51:21 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Welcome again docshibby,

In my own practice my jaw sometimes parts; in times when purification was happening in my throat chakra, I had the desire to open my mouth wide for a while so I did. Things like this come and go, so if it is most comfortable and least distracting to have your jaw parted, then let it be and gently favor the mantra again.
Edited by - Dogboy on Apr 13 2020 5:52:49 PM

docshibby
USA
10 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2020 :  10:48:04 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy

Welcome again docshibby,

In my own practice my jaw sometimes parts; in times when purification was happening in my throat chakra, I had the desire to open my mouth wide for a while so I did. Things like this come and go, so if it is most comfortable and least distracting to have your jaw parted, then let it be and gently favor the mantra again.

Thanks for the response. I've been noticing that by closing my jaw, I seem to be opening something in either my throat passage or perhaps along the spinal column. Perhaps I'm getting closer to kechari. When one door closes, another opens.

Dogboy
USA
1711 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2020 :  8:09:19 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
quote:
Perhaps I'm getting closer to kechari. When one door closes, another opens.

Good point. Have you been practicing ketchari 2?

docshibby
USA
10 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2020 :  10:12:41 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
quote:

quote:
Perhaps I'm getting closer to kechari. When one door closes, another opens.

Good point. Have you been practicing ketchari 2?

No, I am firmly in stage 1 still. I am still figuring out the demarcation between the soft and hard palates.

Dogboy
USA
1711 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2020 :  8:48:14 PM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
I toyed with Ketchari 2 on and off for a month (finger, no snipping) and then, surprise!, it just happened, like that open door you spoke of.

docshibby
USA
10 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2020 :  08:27:10 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
quote:

I toyed with Ketchari 2 on and off for a month (finger, no snipping) and then, surprise!, it just happened, like that open door you spoke of.

I have recently been feeling the desire to start using my finger. I'll use your experience as inspiration.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 10:16:12 AM by AYPadmin »