Author Topic: In need of AYP community reassurance  (Read 637 times)

AYPadmin

In need of AYP community reassurance
« on: April 16, 2020, 12:30:54 PM »
Anahora
Sweden
12 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2020 :  05:14:56 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Message  Delete Topic
Hello, blessings to you during these times

Some questions and things in need of reassurances :

Outside of practice is it really okay to feel heavy in the head? It does not bother me, it seems to remind me that im on a good path.

Is it of concern that I feel that my ajna is vertically long after only 4 months of practice? I feel the ajna most distinctly at the brow but as mentioned above there is an area above it that is distinctly across the forehead.

Brahmacarya(celibacy). Is it okay to implement this in the beginning months of my AYP journey? I mean I do Brahmacarya, now it had been some month because I like going without and sex and orgasm doesnt seem relevant altough urges arrise. I have been on and off this for awhile but specially now with all the time for AYP practice making other things not so appealing.

Before ayp, last November I did hour long meditations daily, at least 30 min times 3 every day, at that point it started to become more clear that i had this underlying tension in the left side of my back. I feel it but it is very tolerable. This together with the tension that felt refined, like it is almost about to be released after an hour meditation but when the session is over its back to the regular passive tension. If you trace solar plexus back you would be at the edge of the tense area. Before feeling it clearly I have felt it slightly for a year. Nowadays I feel it strain in the same way. (Might be related?In another post I got answered regarding my involuntary stomach mudra that slightly makes the solar plexus tensed up, this which has been going on for about half a year now, it does?nt bother me even tough it seems to make my breaths short)

Sometimes I feel like I?m climbing backwards, feeling, walking, talking like some old friends from my youth, this ever since I started doing AYP!? Could it be my former codependence or just my tendency to be a good impersonator or whatnot?

Anahora
Sweden
12 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2020 :  09:56:11 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
*The second question is refering to that I ,furthermore, during the day can feel the 'long ajna' as a tiny pressure.

maheswari
Lebanon
2347 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2020 :  11:46:13 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hello Anahora
Can you please list your practices and their duration

Anahora
Sweden
12 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2020 :  05:35:34 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hi Maheswari

I do 10 min pranayama (SBP) and then 15 min DM with 10 minutes rest. This two times per day.

Christi
United Kingdom
3682 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2020 :  11:55:31 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Christi's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hi Anahora,

All kinds of symptoms can arise with inner purification. If they are not painful and do not bother you, then there is no need to adjust your practice. If they are uncomfortable or painful, then you can self-pace your practices downwards for a while, whilst things clear out.

Regarding brahmacharya, AYP does not generally recommend strict brahmachary (celibacy) exept for people who are naturally incluned that way. So, if it feels natural and comfortable for you, then by all means do it. But if it feels forced, or leads to uncomfortable symptoms arising, then there is no need to follow a strictly celibate lifestyle. Everyone is different in this matter, so it is a case of finding what works for you.

Christi

maheswari
Lebanon
2347 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2020 :  11:59:35 AM  Show Profile  Email Poster  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Get a Link to this Reply  Delete Reply
Hello Anahora
The duration of your practices is as recommended. Yet it is Not ok to feel heavy in the head. Make sure you are grounding enough, meaning resting after your practice ,doing all the needed mundane things in your life and interacting with people (well now socializing is remotely done due to Covid 19 ) that you love and that are not necessarily spiritual.
For grounding , check lessons 69 and 81:

https://www.aypsite.com/69.html

https://www.aypsite.com/81.html

If in a week of applying the above, the sensation of heaviness remains then you might be over sensitive (lots of practitioners are?.and we all pass by that phase) , it is suggested to cut down the duration of your practices until you find the duration that makes you feel comfortable on the cushion and off the cushion ie in your daily life . Lesson 367 gives more details

https://www.aypsite.com/367.html

For Brahmacharya, I do not believe it is a must, it is all about moderation in all aspects of life, moderation in eating ,drinking ,sex?..right? #61514; In case, it is more difficult for men, here is a recent and very good reply from Dogboy , kindly read it, there is a part that might relate to you.

https://www.aypsite.com/forum/

Edited by - maheswari on Apr 12 2020 12:00:41 PM
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 11:34:18 AM by AYPadmin »